To resolve an edge case discovered after enabling multi-region routing in North America, new cookies were introduced in the PingOne Dock to refetch session users and groups. This code change caused cookie storage corruption for some end users. As a result, the browser for these end users did not work properly and their Dock sessions were disrupted.
Users with cookie corruptions were unable to authenticate to the PingOne Dock.
May 7, 2019 (All times UTC)
* 08:29 Deployment of PingOne Dock.
* 08:45 Support receives reports of users being unable to access desktop.pingone.com successfully.
* 09:10 Issue confirmed and identified as due to recent software release.
* 09:19 Rollback completed to previous release. Service begins to recover.
* 10:04 Support completed confirmation from customers that service is restored after rollback.
* PingOne Dock (All Regions)
Rollback to previous software version for PingOne Dock.
* Fix the cookie corruption issue and add a test case to catch it in the future.